Fri, 27 Sep
Environmentally Friendly Edmonton Homes
There are many things Edmonton homeowners can do to reduce their ecological footprint and protect our planet. If you’re not sure what goes where or where to begin, the Edmonton Home Pros Team has developed some handy tips for you:
- Garbage VS Recycling: Put all of your recyclable products into a blue bag and place it outside with your garbage. Recyclable items include: glass, metal, paper and cardboard, as well as plastic.
- Cloth Napkins VS Paper Napkins: According to Environment Canada, “paper products account for more than ⅓ of Canada’s waste.” To reduce your impact on the environment by saving trees, consider using cloth napkins instead of paper and microfiber towels instead of paper towels.
- Natural Light VS Light Bulb: Don’t reach for the thermostat during the daytime, open the blinds and let the sun’s natural rays warm up your home. To save even more energy, rely on the morning and afternoon sun to light your home instead of turning lights on.
- Grasscycle VS Grass Clippings: Did you know that almost half of all the waste produced in Edmonton during Spring and Summer is made up of grass clippings? Grasscycling is less effort and fertilizes your lawn in the process. Simply mow your lawn and leave the clippings on the lawn. It’s that easy.
Even the smallest changes can make a large impact on “greening” your Edmonton home. Something as simple as unplugging your electronic devices or kitchen appliances when not in use, will greatly reduce your power consumption as well as your ecological footprint. For more great tips and advice on maintaining a Green Edmonton Home, stay tuned to Stephen Lau’s Real Estate Blog.
Whether you’re looking to buy or sell Edmonton, choose Stephen Lau and the Edmonton Home Pros team for your real estate needs!
Fri, 20 Sep
With all of the options in brokers and real estate agents to choose from, it can be hard to separate an average REALTOR® from the excellent ones.
Before you choose a real estate agent to help you buy or sell your Edmonton Home, be sure to do your homework. Checking the pros and cons of each REALTOR ® or Broker will help you make an informed decision and find the agent best suited to your needs. Edmonton Home Pros are powered by a strong group of agents who can solve all of your real estate needs. Here’s why:
- Great Team of Professionals: Whether you are buying, selling, or investing in Edmonton real estate, our diverse team provide clients with superior services. We are knowledgeable, flexible, and results-oriented individuals. Visit our Meet The Team page for more info!
- Buying or Selling Luxury Properties? No problem! We can help you find the Luxury Edmonton Property of your dreams. Whether it is Edmonton Luxury Homes or Edmonton Luxury Condos!
- Multilingual Service: Our agents speak more than one language, so it’s easier to communicate with them. Some of the spoken languages include: English, Cantonese, Tagalog, Korean, Mandarin, Hindi, Urdu and Punjab.
- Multiple Resources: We have several resources available for our clients, from online tips and advice, to connecting you with our business affiliates.
We encourage you to take the first step and contact Stephen Lau for more information. You will not be disappointed!
Fri, 06 Sep
Its back to school season in Edmonton! From cheerful Elementary kids taking the yellow school bus to University students on the LRT, Edmonton streets are once again filled with backpacks and coiled notebooks heading to class. So how do educational institutions affect the local real estate market? To start with, housing prices are always higher near reputable schools due to the strong demand. If you are looking to buy an Edmonton home for sale during the late Summer of Fall, there are couple of things you should keep in mind:
- Find a home that is within your child’s school district. It can be tough for kids to relocate and start over. If you’re moving outside their school district try not to move halfway through the school year.
- If you’re moving to Edmonton do your homework. When house hunting check the nearby schools, their ratings, programs, and distance to the residential areas you’re interested in.
- Don’t think that finding the #1 school in the city and paying hundreds in your child’s tuition is a guarantee that they will succeed. While it’s certainly huge benefit for them to be in a reputable school, it is ultimately up to your child’s willingness to learn. So don’t stress if the school closest to your dream home is not the best in the city.
If you’re ever unsure about choosing between two schools, check the school boundaries and bus routes. Whether you’re looking to buy or sell Edmonton real estate properties, the Edmonton Home Pros team can be your real estate solutions. Contact Stephen Lau for more information.
We wish all the Edmonton students a great school year!